About the tournament in a nutshell
FISSURE organised the BetBoom Universe: Episode 1 – Comics Zone which is a Dota 2 tournament taking place as an Online event. The location of tournament is based in CIS and Europe and a total of 14 teams are currently competing. The prize pool of the tournament is $100,000 which will be divided among the top 4 teams. The tournament commenced on the 1st of February and will go on till the 14th of February. The game server for the tournament is based in Eastern Europe and it has a two-stage format. The first stage is the Main Stage which is the Group Stage fixtures and the Final Stage is the Playoffs. Day 3 was played out yesterday, RISE Esports and Virtus.pro were the winners.
Format of the tournament
As you all came to know about the format which was mentioned above, the tournament is based on Main Stage and Final Stage fixtures.
– Main Stage: It is the Group Stage matches where all the 14 teams are divided into two groups of 5 teams each. They all are in a Single round-robin format where all matches are of best of 3 game series. The top two teams will advance to the final stage while the remaining teams will be eliminated.
– Final Stage: It is the Playoffs where the Group Stage qualified teams will play against the Final Stage seeded teams mainly Team Spirit, Gaimin Gladiators, Tundra Esports and Entity. This will be a Double-elimination bracket with all matches of best of 3 game series. Only the Grand Final will be of the Best of 5 game series.
Here is a detailed match analysis
As you all know, the tournament commenced on 1st February. Day 1 and Day 2 fixtures are over and yesterday, fans saw a total of 2 matches on the third day. Day 3 began with the first match between RISE Esports vs Into The Breach and the second day was between Virtus.pro vs X3. The highlights of the games are available on Spotnet Dota2’s Official YouTube channel.
Matches are described below –
RISE Esports vs Into The Breach
This was the fixture from Group A
(Best of 3 score: 2-0)
- Game 1: RISE Esports’ hero lineup included Broodmother, Ember Spirit, Mirana, Clockwerk and Drow Ranger. Into The Breach went ahead with this hero lineup, Phoenix, Pangolier, Techies, Slark and Outworld Destroyer. Both teams took the game for 31 minutes and 28 seconds, RISE Esports came out as the winner.
- Game 2: The hero lineup for RISE Esports was Broodmother, Ember Spirit, Skywrath Mage, Clockwerk and Weaver. Into The Breach went ahead with Pangolier, Phoenix, Crystal Maiden, Pudge and Kunkka. RISE Esports won the game after a great display of 39 minutes and 39 seconds.
Virtus.pro vs X3
This match was from Group B
(Best of 3 score: 2-0)
- Game 1: Virtus.pro chose a lineup of Nature’s Prophet, Tiny, Oracle, Queen of Pain and Snapfire. X3 chose a lineup of Treant Protector, Batrider, Doom, Hoodwink and Terrorblade. The game went on for 32 minutes and 34 seconds, Virtus.pro made it a win for themselves.
- Game 2: The heroes picked by Virtus.pro were Lina, Clockwerk, Pangolier, Snapfire and Dragon Knight. X3 picked Enigma, Tiny, Undying, Ember Spirit and Drow Ranger. The game went on for 33 minutes and 16 seconds with Virtus.pro making it another win. They sealed their victory with a flawless 2-0 win in the Best of 3 games.
Standings alterations from both groups
Group A –
Alliance currently leads the table followed by HellRaisers while RISE Esports is in 2nd position.
Group B –
Ooredoo Thunders are at the top of the standing followed by Virtus.pro in the second position.