BIG and Complexity Gaming makes it to Round 2
The conclusion of Group Stage actions led to the Play-In Stage in the Blast Premier: Spring Groups 2023. A total of 9 teams are seen competing in this tournament as three teams already made it to the Spring Finals. The tournament will go on till the 29th of January. The tournament contains a massive prize pool of $177,498 and is taking place in Copenhagen. BLAST is the organiser and the tournament is sponsored by Betway, CS.Money, EPOS, and L33T Gaming. Yesterday I.e., 27th January, the Round 1 of the Play-In stage was played out. It featured a total of two games and the winners were BIG and Complexity Gaming. The match that is remaining is Ninjas in Pyjamas vs Astralis.
Let’s have a look at the Play-In Stage
The Play-In stage consists of Three Single-Elimination gauntlets with all matches of the best of 3 games. The winner from each gauntlet will make their way to the Spring Final and the teams that will fail to make it will compete in the Europe and Americas Spring Showdowns.
Yesterday, the two matches that were played in the Play-In Stage Round 1 are listed below –
- Team Liquid vs BIG
- Evil Geniuses vs Complexity Gaming
The stream of these matches is available on Blast Premier’s official YouTube channel. Let’s move on toward a detailed match recap
Match 1: Team Liquid vs BIG
Map Veto – Nuke, Anubis, and Mirage
- First map – Both teams met each other on the Nuke map. BIG was in great form and made it 2-13 in the first half. BIG played extremely well and made it 0-3 in the second. They won the game by 2-16 score.
- Second map – The game was played on the Anubis map. BIG again dominated the game and made it 4-11 in the first half. Later, a 4-5 finish in the second half led them to a victory by 8-16.
Match 2: Evil Geniuses vs Complexity Gaming
Map Veto – Anubis, Inferno, and Overpass
- First map – Anubis was the map for the teams. Complexity Gaming made it 4-11 in the first half and later with a 3-5 finish in the second half led them to a victory by 7-16.
- Second map – It was played on the Inferno map. Evil Geniuses made it 9-6 in the first half and later a 7-6 second-half score, they won the game by 16-12.
- Third map – The decider map was Overpass and Complexity Gaming started with a great lead in the first half with a 4-11 score. Later in the second half, the score remained 4-5 and Complexity Gaming secured the game with an 8-16 score.
As these games are now over, BIG will face Heroic in Round 2 while Complexity Gaming got placed with Natus Vincere in Round 2. The remaining Round 1 fixture Ninjas in Pyjamas vs Astralis will be played today.