Gods Reign beats Marcos Gaming to win Skyesports Showdown Pokemon UNITE
The AMD Skyesports Showdown Pokemon UNITE ended yesterday, with Gods Reign securing the title. The tournament actions began on the 6th of March with the round-robin format featuring the four invited teams Gods Reign, S8UL, Revenant Esports and Marcos Gaming. S8UL and Marcos Gaming got early exits, while Gods Reign and Marcos Gaming managed to secure their place in the Grand Finals. The Final battle was between Gods Reign vs Marcos Gaming, and fans witnessed a nail-biting Grand Final, which took the match for the last game in the best-of-7 game series. With a 4-3 victory in the series, Gods Reign was dominant in the last game and won the Grand Final.
The thrilling Grand Final of Skyesports Showdown Pokemon UNITE
Gods Reign began on the right foot in the best of the 7 series Grand Final. The team performed well in the first two games and took the lead in the series. But Marcos Gaming, the second-place holder of the Pokemon UNITE Asia Champions League 2023- India, made a comeback. The teams had an excellent gameplay performance and provided severe clashes among themselves. However, it was the final game, where Gods Reign players had a good turnaround and won the series by 4-3.
· First game: Gods Reign won the first game with 506-318 scores. VixZeN was brilliant for the team, with 6 kills and 8 assist contributions. Later the player accumulated 87 points and became the match MVP. The goal cap was 172 for the player.
· Second game: It was a back-to-back win for Gods Reign as the team won game two with a score of 601-280. VixZeN collected 295 goals and secured 79 total points, which led him to become the MVP for the second time. Gods Reign players were exceptionally well thanks to the plays from Divine, OMEN and ScepTer.
· Third game: A moment of relief for the Marcos Gaming fans as the team bounced back with a score of 777 – 283. It was a show from Meruem, who became the MVP with 6 kills and 5 assists. Kyurem got the most goals with 230. Volc and Snowyy aided Meruem in taking the victory.
· Fourth game: After the setbacks, Marcos Gaming returned on track as they went on to win the fourth game and levelled the series. The game ended with a 555-347, and Meruem again got the MVP for 200 goals, 5 kills and 5 assists.
· Fifth game: As the scores were tied, Gods Reign players made it challenging for Marcos Gaming. They secured the game with a score of 673-275 thanks to the strong performance from OMEN. The player collected 182 goals with 7 kills and 8 assists and got a total point of 88. This win led them to a 3-2 lead in the series.
· Sixth game: However, following Gods Reign’s lead, Meruem of Marcos Gaming ensured the team was not going without a fight. Marcos Gaming made it an 819-323 victory, with Meruem accumulating 224 goals along with 9 kills and 3 assists.
· Seventh game: ScepTer’s exceptional performance for Gods Reign led the team to win by a 551-260 score. ScepTer got 7 kills and 9 assists with 187 goals and got the MVP of the match with 89 points. Gods Reign claimed the series with a 4-3 finish.
After a closely fought encounter between the teams, Gods Regin came out as the one that prevailed over their opponents. Marcos Gaming, the team that managed to book their place in the Pokemon UNITE Asia Champions League while getting 2nd place in the India League, failed to outperform Gods Reign. With S8UL and Revenant Esports getting early exits, it was Gods Reign’s moment as they became the champions. Read more on Revenant’s Pokemon Unite Asia Champions League 2023 – India victory.