Call of Duty: Mobile is known for its realistic and high-octane action, drawing inspiration from the main series COD titles. Activision and TiMi Studio Group have borrowed almost everything from the other famous Call of Duty series, be it mechanisms, characters, weapons, or anything else. Therefore, just like PC counterparts, one can come across terms like ADS and hip fire in COD Mobile.
ADS stands for “Aim Down Sights” and implies a way of operating a weapon when players are using the iron sight or scope attachment to aim at a target before shooting. Thus, ADS provides more accuracy & efficiency while firing and is preferred by the majority of players. However, ADSing in close-range scuffles can be a little time-consuming, which is why hip fire is a better option.
For those unaware, here’s the meaning of hip fire in COD Mobile:
What Is Hip Fire In COD Mobile?
Hip fire in COD Mobile simply means shooting without ADSing, i.e., using any scope or iron sight. It is the default shooting mode and promises no accuracy whenever players are firing. Thus, hip fire in COD Mobile can be time-saving but costs accuracy and extra rounds of ammo.
How To Perform Hip fire In COD Mobile?
Hip-firing, as mentioned, is much quicker than ADSing, so it should be the preferred option in close-quarter fights. One can Hip fire in COD Mobile by following the steps given below:
- Launch COD Mobile and sign in.
- On the main screen lobby, tap the “Gear” icon to open system settings.
- Stay on the CONTROLS tab and choose ADVANCED Mode (for MP, BR, or Zombies Mode).
- Players can enable the “HIP FIRE” or use a custom layout to adjust the hip fire button (without crosshair) per their choice.
- After adjusting the system settings, players can head to Training Mode (MP) or BR Training Ground to practice with the hip fire shooting mode.
- One must hit the fire button to perform hip fire in COD Mobile.
Once players have worked hard on their movement while hip-firing, they can use the same shooting mode in Call of Duty: Mobile matches. They can also focus on finishing the “Completionist” missions to get 10 Dragon camos for each primary weapon, apart from sniper and marksman rifles.
- Also Read: Best Guns In COD Mobile Season 7
Hip fire In COD Mobile: Tips & Tricks
As mentioned, hip fire is more suitable when the fight is within a short range, i.e., on a small-scale map like Shipment. Thus, instead of wasting time opening the scope, one can immediately shoot using the hip fire button. Here are some tips and tricks that players can consider to enhance their hip-firing capabilities further:
- Use a magazine attachment to enhance the ammo capacity to make up for additional ammunition used during hip-firing
- Use an appropriate laser attachment like RTC Laser 1mW or MIP Laser 5mW to decrease the hip-fire bullet spread, ultimately increasing the accuracy of shots.
- If available, equip the “Wild Hip Fire” perk to enhance jumping and sliding hip fire accuracy.
- Always use hip fire for shotguns and SMGs (at short distances).
- Use muzzle attachments like Flash Guard to decrease the hip fire bullet spread.
Players can unlock all required attachments by increasing the Weapon XP of a particular gun. Once unlocked, they can equip and make the best out of the hip fire in COD Mobile.