Darktide Error Code 2001 could be preventing you from playing your favorite Warhammer 40K installment. The error usually occurs when trying to boot the game or in the middle of it, following which players are presented with a ‘disconnected from the server’ message.
Warhammer 40K: Darktide has managed to retain a part of its player base after a sloppy start to 2023. The servers are being constantly updated and expanded, which could lead to network disconnections. However, problems in hardware may also be the culprit.
Reason For Darktide Error Code 2001
As per the error message that pops up on the screen, Darktide Error Code 2001 is a problem that arises due to a server disconnection between the host and the client. This can be caused due to slow internet speed, outdated graphic processors, corrupted game files in the cache, or a server outage.
How To Fix Darktide Error Code 2001?
Below are five ways in which you can get rid of Error Code 2001 in Warhammer 40K: Darktide and get back into the co-op shooting action:
Check For Improper System Requirements
Players can constantly encounter Darktide Error Code 2001 if they don’t have the necessary system requirements to run the game. Make sure to have a computer device with at least 8 GB RAM, a minimum Graphics Processing Unit of Intel Core i7-9700K or AMD Ryzen 5 3600, and more than 50 GB available storage space. The PC should also be up-to-date with the latest fixes.
Check The Internet Speed
A strong network connection is required to play Warhammer 40K: Darktide. Due to problems with the Wi-Fi router or slow speed, you might be encountering Darktide Error Code 2001. Ensure that you have a stable connection by running speed tests. You can switch the connection if required.
Update Graphics Drivers
An outdated graphics driver may not support Warhammer 40K: Darktide. Follow the steps below to ensure that you are using the latest GPU version.
- Open the Device Manager from the ‘Search’ panel.
- Click the Display Adapters option. From the dropdown menu, click the GPU you are using and then select Properties.
- Navigate to the ‘Driver’ menu and then select Driver Details to note the GPU version you are using.
- Open the official website of NVIDIA or AMD to check the latest versions of the GPU you are using and update them accordingly.
Disable IPv6 From Adapter Settings
Disabling IPv6 and running Warhammer 40K: Darktide with only IPv4 being enabled can fix the issue of Darktide Error Code 2001.
- Open the Control Panel and then select ‘Network and Sharing Center’ from the ‘Network and Internet’ menu.
- Left-click ‘Change Adapter Settings.’ While on the menu, right-click the connection that you are using and go to the ‘Properties’ section.
- Uncheck the box next to IPv6 while making sure that the IPv4 box is checked. Save the settings and re-log into Darktide.
Check Warhammer 40K: Darktide Server Status
Server maintenance or crashes could lead to abrupt disconnections between the host and client-server. Follow the @Darktide Comms account to be updated about the latest maintenance, fixes, and developments. You can also join the r/darktide channel on Reddit to check whether other players are also experiencing Error Code 2001 due to a server downtime.
We hope that the aforementioned fixes got rid of Darktide Error Code 2001. Follow GosuGamers India for more guides on error fixes and other news.