Since its release, Destiny 2 has had many bugs and error issues. These errors make your gaming experience annoying and frustrating. With the new Lightfall expansion and Season of Defiance, many players are jumping into Destiny 2 to enjoy new raids, characters, a new map, and more. But sometimes, instead of enjoying the game, they face issues like Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot that won’t let you log in to the game.
- Also Read: How To Fix Error Code Plum In Destiny 2
With Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot you will not be able to launch the game at all. For the unversed, this error has nothing to do with network issues or server problems. It is something more severe. If you are facing the same issue, this guide is a must-read. Here is all you need to know about Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot and how to fix it.
Why Do You Get Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot?
As mentioned above, this error has nothing to do with Internet Connectivity or server issues. Error Code Marmot in Destiny 2 mainly occurs if the installed game files are corrupted. So you need a repair or a verification. There are many reasons why you get this error. These include:
- Interruption in the game’s update or installation.
- Game files are corrupt.
- Hard Drive issues.
- Using an older version of the game when a new version is available.
- Software issues.
The Error Code Marmot will not allow you to access the game at all. So it is crucial to resolve the problem as fast as you can.
How To Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Marmot?
All you need to do is repair or verify the corrupted game files. But the fix to the problem varies from platform to platform. The methods mentioned below include platforms like Steam, Epic Games Store, Microsoft Store, PlayStation, and Xbox.
Fix for Steam:
Follow the instructions given below and repair or verify the corrupted files on Steam:
- Once you encounter Error Code Marmot, the first thing you do is close the game.
- Go to Steam Library and right-click on Destiny 2.
- Scroll to ‘Properties’ and then click the ‘Local Files’ option.
- Click the tab ‘Verify integrity of game files’.
- Now just restart the game.
If the error still appears, then just go for this alternative option.
- The first three steps will remain the same.
- Instead of hitting the ‘Verify integrity of game files’ option, click on ‘Browse’.
- Now delete everything except the ‘Package Folder’.
- Hit the ‘Verify integrity of game files’ button.
- Re-downloading the files might take a little while.
- Restart the game.
In case the above two options don’t work, just uninstall and reinstall the game over again.
Fix For Epic Games Store:
While playing the game on Epic Games Store, follow the steps below and get over the Marmot error.
- Firstly, close the game.
- Go to the Epic Games Library and right-click on Destiny 2.
- Hit the ‘Manage’ button.
- On a new window click the ‘Verify’ option.
- The verification process might take a while. Wait patiently.
- Now just restart the game and you should be able to play it again.
Like Steam, if the above steps don’t work, uninstall and reinstall the game.
Fix For Microsoft Store:
For the PC users, follow these steps and fix the error code Marmot.
- Close Destiny 2 on your PC.
- Go to the Windows Settings.
- Click on ‘Apps & Features’.
- Hit Destiny 2’.
- Open ‘Advanced Options’ and click ‘Repair’.
- Restart the game and log in to your account again.
Fix For PS4 & PS5:
If you are playing Destiny 2 on PS4 or PS5 and have encountered the Marmot error code, first you should do is clear the console cache. The next step is simple, restart the console and restart Destiny 2. Now, if clearing the cache doesn’t work, here is what you can do.
- Put your console in the ‘Safe Mode’.
- Select ‘Rebuild Database’.
- After your hard drive is scanned, just restart the console and open Destiny 2.
- You should be able to play the game again.
Fix For Xbox:
Just like PlayStation users, Xbox players can first go for clearing the console cache. If that doesn’t work, go for the following steps:
- On the Xbox Home Screen open Settings.
- Scroll down to ‘Devices and Connection’.
- Click on ‘Blu-Ray’ and then select ‘Persistent Storage’.
- Click on the ‘Clear Persistent Storage’ option.
- Restart the game.
This is all we have for now. Hopefully, these solutions will work and you can play Destiny 2 again without disturbance. If not, contact Bungie Help for further assistance.