Each Fortnite update has brought new additions in terms of weapons, tools, cosmetics, and more that players can use in different game modes. A Fortnite Cardboard box is one such tool Epic Games introduced in Battle Royale that players can use to their advantage on the island.
- Also Read: Where To Find Fortnite Dirt Bikes On Map?
For the unversed, Epic Games introduced the Fortnite Cardboard box in Chapter 5: Season 1, alongside the EMP Stealth Camo, as part of patch v28.10. Interestingly, it is a redesign of the Creepin’ Cardboard and has a Mythic Rarity. Furthermore, one can hide inside it “to blend in with the environment.”
In the following, find out how to find and use a Fortnite Cardboard Box:
How To Find A Fortnite Cardboard Box?
According to the developers, the Cardboard Boxes are accessible via the supplies on the ground or in the chests. However, players will not have to explore the ground loot and chests on Battle Royale Island, as they can also purchase the Cardboard Boxes from a non-playable character — Snake — in a match. Furthermore, players can drop at the map’s northernmost POI (Piney Lane), where Snake is seemingly wandering around a fire pit.
For better clarity, here’s a step-by-step guide on how users can find and get a Fortnite Cardboard Box in Battle Royale:
- Launch Fortnite and select the Battle Royale mode.
- Enter a BR match.
- Drop at the northernmost island of the map.
- Look for a campfire and Solid Snake, who will most likely wander around it.
- Players can approach Snake and interact with him to buy a Fortnite Cardboard box for 100 Gold Bars.
Players must note that if other participants have already found and hired Solid Snake during a match, they cannot buy a Cardboard Box from him. Hence, they will need to land north of Lavish Lair and find Snake or explore the ground supplies and chests to get a Cardboard Box.
How To Use A Carboard Box In Fortnite?
Once players have acquired a Cardboard Box, they can use it to hide during a match. Players can follow the steps listed below to use a Cardboard Box in Fortnite:
- After equipping a Cardboard Box, players can aim and throw it on the ground.
- After throwing the Cardboard Box, approach it.
- Players will receive a “Hide” button, which they can press to hide under the Cardboard Box.
After being hidden inside, players can move, jump, and perform other actions. Players can throw a Cardboard Box onto their feet to hide inside it automatically.