A prevailing issue since the game’s release, Fortnite Error Code 83 prevents players from joining a squad in the multiplayer battle royale game. They suddenly run into an error even though the game previously had been running smoothly.
Reason For Fortnite Error Code 83
Fortnite Error Code 83 is caused due to a slow connection or a disruption in the connection between the client and the host server. In some cases, the problem could be attributed to a faulty router. This affects the gameplay of users who are stuck in the menu section.
Error code 83 message appears as “Unable to join party.” This is a frustrating issue given that it prevents players from teaming up with their friends. Luckily, we have manufactured a guide for you that can remedy the situation and allow you to access the shooter game, which has debuted the Fortnite LEGO mode.
- Also Read: How To Connect LEGO Account To Fortnite?
How To Fix Fortnite Error Code 83?
Error Code 83 is a temporary issue. It does not require any elaborate processes, unlike other errors such as the Epic Games Error Code AS-3. Here are four ways to fix the ‘Unable to join party’ error in Fortnite:-
Check The Game Server Status For Fortnite
Firstly, players need to check whether the Fortnite servers are operational. A server downtime, maintenance, or crash may have caused the Fortnite Error Code 83. Here are three ways to check the Fortnite server status:-
- Check the Fortnite server status from the official EPIC Games Status page.
- Navigate to https://downdetector.in/status/fortnite on your PC. Downdetector is a reliable third-party website providing real-time information about Fortnite server outages.
- Follow the Fortnite Status page on X (formerly Twitter) to learn in detail about the latest hotfixes, maintenance issues, and patch updates, along with server outages.
Restart The Fortnite Game
Whether playing on a console, PC, or mobile, a restart can erase any bugs that cause Fortnite Error Code 83. Computer users need to exit the Fortnite application from the EPIC Games Launcher, exit the launcher, and then re-open the launcher. Console users can simply exit the game and return to it. Alternatively, try shutting down the console completely before trying to access Fortnite.
Update Your Network Drivers
Outdated or faulty network drivers might be causing Fortnite Error Code 83 for PC gamers. To fix the issue, follow these simple steps and update the software:
- Simultaneously press the Windows key and R key to open the Run window.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the box to open the Device Manager on your personal computer.
- Choose the Network Drivers option. From the drop-down menu, select the driver by right-clicking.
- Update the driver. You can even Uninstall the Driver and download a compatible driver if needed.
For more convenience, you can directly open the Device Manager by using ‘Search’ bar on Windows 11.
- Also Read: Fortnite Error Code 91: Reasons & How To Fix
Power Cycle Your Router
Given that Fortnite Error Code 83 is primarily a network-related issue, players need to ensure that the problem is not from their end. Use a Speed Test to check the internet strength. If you find it slow or faulty, restart/power-cycle your Wi-Fi router with these three steps:
- Turn off the router. Then disconnect the power cords from your modem and the electrical outlet.
- Wait for 15-30 seconds before re-plugging the cords on the socket and modem, respectively.
- Wait for all the lights on the router to turn green before reconnecting the Wi-Fi to your PC or console.
These are all the fixes for Error Code 83. Check out more Fortnite news and guides.