Fortnite Error Code 91 appears while trying to join a party in the online multiplayer game. It can appear regardless of the platform you use and is most commonly experienced due to a connectivity problem from the host or client-server.
- Also Read: Fortnite Error Code 93: Reasons & How To Fix
Every online game encourages party play as it develops teamwork skills in the players and builds an effective community. This is why certain modes are restricted to team play in Fortnite. Error Code 91 can hamper the experience of an individual player as well as the others if the former is unable to join the team.
Reason For Fortnite Error Code 91
Fortnite Error Code 91 could be due to a multitude of issues. A slow internet connection or faulty router could disallow players from joining a party. In other cases, the Fortnite server might be down or experiencing issues leading to all sorts of errors, including Error Code 91 and the Matchmaking Error.
- Also Read: Fortnite Redeem Codes: Free V-Bucks, Skins
How To Fix Fortnite Error Code 91?
Here are four ways to enter a battle party after encountering the Fortnite Error Code 91:
Check The Fortnite Server Status
The first course of action to solving Fortnite Error Code 91 is ensuring that the host servers are operational. Listed below are three ways to check the Fortnite server status:
- Navigate to the EPIC Games Public Status page. You can check the game’s server status under the Fortnite section, while also noting whether “Parties, Friends, and Messaging” are operational.
- Follow and press the notification icon to be regularly updated about Fortnite servers via the Fortnite Status X page. The account has noted issues in matchmaking, shop, party play, etc.
- Downdetector gives real-time information about the server outages players have been experiencing in Fortnite. Please note that the third-party site only notes outages after the number of reports are higher than the usual amount.
Switch Party Joinability To ‘Friends’
Fortnite layers often make the mistake of not changing their party joinability. In order to play with friends, adjust your Party Joinability settings from your Player Profile which is available on the sidebar. Enable the joinability to friends, and set your status as Online so that the game recognizes that you are in the game.
- Open Fortnite and click the player icon on the top-left.
- Switch Party Joinability to Friends and toggle off ‘Looking For a Party.’
Use A SpeedTest To Check The Internet Connection
A slow internet might be causing Fortnite Error Code 91. In order to ensure that you have a stable connection, use applications such as Ookla, SpeedTest, or Fast. You can also switch to a wired connection with the use of an Ethernet. Plug one end into the router and the other into the device, following which you can set up the connection via the Network Settings sections on your console or PC.
Power Cycle The Router To Play Fortnite
- Unplug the router and then unplug the modem.
- Wait for 30 seconds before re-plugging the modem and the router, in that order.
- After all the lights on the router turn green, restart the Fortnite application.
Rebooting the router boosts internet connectivity and thus gets rid of Fortnite Error Code 91.
If none of the aforementioned fixes aid in resolving the error, players can take the assistance of Fortnite Support. Logging into the EPIC Games account is essential to register your query since the reply will be sent to your account. Their responses may take longer than usual due to the inflow of several reports.