After much anticipation, the release date for the Free Fire OB42 update has finally been confirmed by Garena. The OB42 Advance Server is ending on Friday, October 27, 2023, and the upcoming patch update for Garena’s flagship battle royale game will drop four days later, i.e., on Tuesday, October 31.
Garena has already unveiled tons of new changes and additions to the game with the OB42 patch. The upcoming Free Fire features include a new character, Guild 2.0, multiple new BR items, weapon adjustments, and more. The following guide features more about the confirmed Free Fire OB42 content.
Free Fire OB42 Update To Welcome A New Character, Guild 2.0, Multiple BR Items, & More
The following Free Fire OB42 additions and updates have been confirmed by the developers and will arrive on October 31 or later in November:
- New Character: Ignis – The new Free Fire character offers a “Wall of Flame” with his Flame Mirage ability that obstructs the enemy’s vision and also deals damage to them whenever they pass through it. After the release of the Free Fire OB42 update, Ignis will be available to use for free from October 31 to November 6.
- Character Changes – The all-new Free Fire update will bring key balance changes for characters like Joseph, Nikita, Wukong, Suzy, Homer, Iris, Dimitri, Sonia, and many more.
- Weapon Balance Adjustments – Weapons like M249, XM8, and more are getting buffed with the upcoming update, while guns including RGS50, Mini Uzi, M1014, and more are receiving a nerf.
- Guild 2.0 – A revamped Guild with brand-new features, including exclusive rewards, Guild V Badge, Missions, Tournaments, and more, is arriving in Free Fire in the next update.
- Changes to Battle Royale Coins with FF Coin Machines and exclusive Vending Machine loot.
- Changes to multiple locations in Bermuda Map
- New BR items in Vending Machines, including Character Active Skill Cards, Gloo Maker upgrades, and multiple other consumables.
Several other in-game updates and rewards will become available in the game post-October 31, 2023. Readers can head to Google Play or Apple App Store to install the latest version of Free Fire on the day of release.