Christie Monteiro is a well-known character in the Tekken series, first appearing in Tekken 4
Christie is a Brazilian fighter trained in the art of Capoeira, a martial art that combines elements of dance and music. She is the granddaughter of Eddy Gordo’s master and takes on the role of Eddy’s successor in the series. Her main motivation in the story is to clear her grandfather’s name after he is falsely accused of a crime. She has a unique fighting style in the game heavily influenced by Capoeira and is known for her speed, agility, and aerial moves making her a formidable opponent.
Christie is not a character who engages in many conflicts. She has a happy, upbeat disposition. She usually fights with a very clear objective rather than out of envy. She enters the tournaments to find her master Eddy and to aid her Grandfather, making her one of the few characters in the series to fight for others rather than for personal retribution. Her kind character is further highlighted in the Tekken Tag Tournament 2 ending, as she misses the chance to board the same train with Eddy because she delays assisting a lost child in finding their mother.
Christie has tan skin, long brown hair, and light brown eyes. She always fights barefoot while sporting a bikini top with a different pattern from Tekken 4 to Tekken 5 while donning her Player 1 attire. Her alternate costume is a more relaxed outfit consisting of a printed blouse knotted in the front, shorts, and shoes. She wore her hair down in Tekken 4, but in Tekken 5, she has it pulled back into a ponytail.
Christie Monteiro’s fighting style in the Tekken series is heavily influenced by the art of Capoeira, a martial art that combines elements of dance and music. Some of her notable abilities and moves include:
- Aerial moves: Christie has a variety of moves that allow her to jump and spin in the air, making her a formidable opponent in aerial combat.
- Chain combos: Christie has a variety of chain combos that she can perform, allowing her to string together multiple attacks in quick succession.
- Low attacks: Christie has several low attacks that can trip up her opponents, making them vulnerable to follow-up strikes.
- Flip kick: Christie can perform a flip kick that hits the opponent’s head and can be used as a launcher or combo starter move.
- Dancing Backflip: Special move that allows her to dodge attacks by flipping backward and striking the opponent.
- Capoeira combination: Special moves combine different kick and spin moves to create a powerful, multi-hitting combo attack.
Christie Monteiro has generally been well-received by fans and critics of the Tekken series. Her inclusion in the series as a new playable character in Tekken 4 helped add more diversity to the roster of fighters. Her Capoeira-inspired fighting style has been praised for its uniqueness and effectiveness in gameplay.