Looking out for how to play PUBG mobile in India? The Android & iOS game adaptation of PUBG: Battlegrounds, better known as PUBG Mobile, exploded onto the mobile gaming scene in 2018 and quickly became one of the most popular BR shooters around the world.
- Also Read: PUBG Mobile Tier List: Best Weapons To Pick
However, in September 2020, PUBG Mobile was banned in India over data privacy concerns, leaving fans wondering how they could still get their battle royale fix. Though you can no longer download it in India officially, there are ways to play PUBG Mobile in India, and let’s take a look at them in this guide.
How to Play PUBG Mobile in India: Tips and Tricks
Use a Trusted VPN
Download a reputable VPN app like NordVPN (Image via Nord)
One way to play PUBG Mobile in India is to use a virtual private network (VPN) to mask your location. Here’s how:
- Download a reputable VPN app like ExpressVPN, NordVPN or ProtonVPN. Read reviews and make sure it’s known for security.
- Connecting to a server outside India – Singapore, and Japan are good options.
- Download and install PUBG Mobile from the app store while connected to the VPN.
- Start playing! Just make sure to stay connected to keep your location hidden.
VPNs can sometimes slow your connection, so check the speed before playing a match. Otherwise, this is a simple workaround that lets you bypass regional restrictions and play PUBG from India.
- Note: We do not recommend downloading PUBG Mobile in India, as the government has banned it. Hence, readers should avoid using third-party websites to install it and look for a local variant.
Try PUBG Mobile Alternatives
If you’d rather not mess with VPNs, try one of the India-approved PUBG alternatives like BGMI. For the unversed, BGMI is essentially the “PUBG Mobile” resurrected for the Indian market after the ban. It’s the same addictive battle royale gameplay but tailored to comply with local privacy and data regulations.
Sure, it’s not the same – the graphics and some gameplay elements are toned down, while the games are not synchronized. But it’s still that battle royale thrill on your phone. For many PUBG Mobile fans, Battlegrounds Mobile India delivers that quick fix.
Play PUBG on PC or Console
Of course, nothing beats the full PUBG experience on PC and console. If you can access a console or gaming PC, you can play PUBG: Battlegrounds or download an emulator of PUBG on a PC and enjoy all the intense graphics and details without location restrictions.
It requires having the hardware, but for diehard fans, playing PUBG on a bigger screen with a controller really immerses you in the battle royale world.
One last way is to download an APK file of PUBG, but you will still need a VPN to access the game. While not always easy, there are still ways to drop onto the battlegrounds from India. Get creative with a VPN, try BGMI mobile, or level up to PUBG on a console/PC. Where there’s a will, there’s a way for determined gamers.