Details you need to know
Tencent Games organised the LPL Spring 2023 which is the first split of the 2023 LoL Pro League Season. The tournament is sponsored by multiple organisations like Mercedes-Benz, Nike, Momchilovtsi, Harbin Beer, Lenovo, Wahaha, KFC, War Horse, OPPO, Suning.com, ThunderTalk, Liepin, Razer, AutoFull and Intel-Gaming. The game server that is followed for the tournament is China and the type of the tournament is a mixture of both offline and online modes. The tournament is spread across a total of 5 different locations in China which are; Shanghai, Suzhou, Hangzhou, Shenzhen and Xi’an. The Hub is the venue and the whole tournament carries a total of ¥4,200,000 prize pool. Currently, we are in Week 3 Day 4 of the tournament’s Group Stage actions.
Let’s see how everything is taking place
It has a unique two-stage format which includes Group Stage and Playoffs. The matches began on 14th January and will be played till 26th of March. A total of 17 teams are participating with JD Gaming as the defending champions.
- Group Stage – It follows a Single round-robin format with all matches of best of 3 game series. The top 10 teams will make their way to the Playoffs. The first two teams will get seeded into the Semifinals while the 3rd – 4th placed teams will be seeded in the last round of playoffs, 5th – 6th place teams will be in the second round of playoffs and the 7-10th placed teams will be in the first round of playoffs.
- Playoffs – This included two phases which are –
- King of the Hill – Here 3rd – 10th placed teams from the Group Stage are divided into two brackets to play a King of the Hill format. 3rd,6th, 7th and 10th seeds are in one bracket and the other 4 seeds are in the other. Winners will advance to Phase Two. The first bracket winners will play the 2nd seed team in the Double-Elimination Stage, the other will play the 1st seed.
- Double-Elimination – Four teams will play in a Double-Elimination format to compete in the tournament. All the matches are Best of 5 games and the two teams, mainly the winner and the runner up will qualify for the Mid-Season Invitational 2023.
Match recaps from Week 3 Day 4
A total of two matches were played yesterday from the Group Stage Week 1-4. The first game that was up was Ninjas in Pyjamas vs JD Gaming and the second game of the day was between Top Esports vs Rare Atom. These matches were the best of 3 games and below here is a detailed match recap –
Ninjas in Pyjamas vs JD Gaming
(Best of 3 Score: 0-2)
- Game 1 – Ninjas in Pyjamas picked Jax, Sejuani, Akali, Caitlyn and Ashe. JD Gaming picked Gragas, Maokai, Yone, Zeri and Yummi. We got to see JD Gaming winning the match after a fight of 24 minutes and 3 seconds.
- Game 2 – The lineup for Ninjas in Pyjamas included Renekton, Sejuani, Taliyah, Zeri and Yummi. JD Gaming included Gwen, Vi, Sylas, Lucian and Nami. After 28 minutes and 29 seconds, JD Gaming won the game and secured a flawless victory in the best of 3 games.
Top Esports vs Rare Atom
(Best of 3 Score: 2-0)
- Game 1: Top Esports was the winner as they secured a win after 31 minutes and 42 seconds.
- Game 2: Rare Atom couldn’t stand a chance against Top Esports as they secured another win. After 24 minutes and 35 seconds, Top Esports secured the win.
Invictus Gaming leads the table with a 3-0 record followed by LNG Esports in 2nd position with a 2-0 record. JD Gaming, Top Esports, Rare Atom and Team WE are in 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th positions respectively.