Knockout Stage Day 2 concluded yesterday, here are the results
The MLBB World Championship organised by Moonton has reached the Knockout stage. All the 16 teams that began their campaign through the Group Stage actions on 1st January made it to the Knockout stage. They were drawn accordingly to their seeds. The top 2 teams from each group made it to the Upper Brackets while the bottom two teams were drawn into the Lower Bracket.
Yesterday 8th January, the Day 2 of the Knockout Stage was played out. Fans witnessed a total of two games at the Tennis Indoor Stadium in Senayan, Jakarta. On the previous day, on 7th January ONIC Esports and ECHO were seen making it to the Upper Bracket Semi-final now it was RRQ Hoshi and Blacklist International who all secured their spot in the Semifinal. To witness the Knockout Stage Day 2 matches, visit YouTube of Mobile Legends: Bang Bang.
Recap of Day 2
A total of two matches were played out yesterday. The first match was between TODAK vs RRQ Hoshi and the second match was played between RRQ Akira and Blacklist International. These matches were of Best of 5 game series.
Match 1 – TODAK against RRQ Hoshi
- Game 1 – TODAK began with Popol and Kupa, Martis, Yve, Hayabusa, and Ruby. While RRQ Hoshi picked Yu Zhong, Fanny, Kadita, Beatrik, and Hilda. The game went for 13 minutes and 20 seconds and RRQ Hoshi made it a win for themselves.
- Game 2 – The match went for around 26 minutes and 42 seconds with RRQ Hoshi securing the win again. The lineup for TODAK was Yu Zhong, Ling, Kadita, Claude, and Chou while RRQ Hoshi picked Grock, Hayabusa, Yve, Harith, and Hilda.
- Game 3 – The game began with a lineup of Lapu-Lapu, Hayabusa, Lylia, Karrie, and Grock. RRQ Hoshi picked Yu Zhong, Ling, Yve, Beatrix, and Khurfa. The game was played for around 20 minutes and 35 seconds with RRQ Hoshi claiming the series with a 3-0 win.
Match 2 – RRQ Akira against Blacklist International
- Game 1 – Blacklist International won the first game with a quick gameplay of 13 minutes and 21 seconds.
- Game 2 – Back-to-Back wins for Blacklist International as they won the game in just 18 minutes and 34 seconds.
- Game 3 – It was a game of 13 minutes and 32 seconds with RRQ Akira becoming the point of difference this time. They won the game and made it a 2-1 in the best of 5.
- Game 4 – Blacklist with a good hold, claimed the game in 14 minutes and 19 seconds. Blacklist International made it a win and claimed the series with a 3-1 victory over RRQ Akira.
With this, RRQ Hoshi and Blacklist International proceed to the Upper Bracket Semifinal while the losing teams fell to the Lower Bracket Round 3. The M4 World Championship schedule for the matches can be found on Liquipedia. The Lower Bracket matches are currently underway and the winning teams will proceed to the next round.