Are you getting a message OSRS Mobile Error Connecting To Server when you log in to your account? Well, this is pretty frustrating. But don’t worry, we have you covered. Here is all you need to know about why ‘Error Connecting To Server’ appears in OSRS Mobile and how to fix it.
Launched in 2013 by Jagex, OSRS or Old School RuneScape is an immensely popular multiplayer online RPG. This open-world fantasy game is available on platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, and OS X and supports cross-platform play. The mobile version which we are talking about launched later in October 2018 and has gained a loyal following of gamers. Players can explore the fantasy world, fight monsters, complete challenging quests, and upgrade skills like cooking, fishing, magic, fighting, and more in OSRS Mobile.
But there are times when you face bugs and errors while playing the game which hinders your progress. In this guide, we will be discussing why we get OSRS Mobile Error Connecting To Server while we log in and ways of fixing the issue quickly.
Why Do We Get OSRS Mobile Error Connecting To Server?
The ‘Error Connecting To Server’ typically appears when players try to log in to play OSRS Mobile. Here are a few reasons why we encounter this message:
- Internet Connection: Poor or unstable Internet connection is one of the main reasons why you get this error.
- Server Issues: This error often occurs because of server maintenance or server overload.
- OSRS Mobile App Issues: An outdated version of the OSRS mobile app or storing cache data might be one of the reasons why you get this error.
- Firewall Settings and IP Block: Many a time, the antivirus settings on your device may cause this error. Also if you have violated any of the rules and regulations of the game your IP address will be blocked and you will be unable to connect to the servers.
- Also Read: Diablo 4 Error Code 300202: How To Fix It
How To Fix OSRS Mobile Error Connecting To Server?
Whatever the reason, it is important to know how to fix this problem in order to play the game smoothly. Here are a few suggestions and tips you can try out to solve the problem:
- Check your Internet connection: As mentioned above, poor or unstable connection might be one of the main reasons you encounter this error. All you need to do is switch your network. If you are using WiFi switch to a mobile network connection or vice-versa. You can also try turning on and off the flight mode. If you are using a modem try restarting the modem to restore connections.
- Check for Server Status: Check whether the server is down. To do that visit the official Twitter handle of OSRS and check if there is a server downtime mentioned. If that is the case then you will have to wait for 24 to 48 hours.
- Check for Mobile App Updates: Whenever there is a new version available, the older version of the App doesn’t work. To check whether you are using the current version, go to Google Play Store or App Store and search for the game. Update the App if it is available.
- Clear Cache: To clear cache, you have to go to the settings option on your mobile and search for OSRS game. Scroll down to the Storage option and click on Clear Cache and Clear Data.
- Correct the Firewall Settings: As mentioned above, the antivirus settings on your device may often cause this error. So to correct this all you can do is in the firewall settings, check the block list, and disable it temporarily. Simply add the OSRS App to your trusted device list.
- Wait for some time: If nothing works, just stop trying, close the app, and wait for some time.
This is a wrap then. Try the fixes to OSRS Mobile Error Connecting To Server one by one and hopefully, you will be able to play the game again.