The official PUBG Mobile 2.9 patch notes are out and the latest update has already started rolling out for iOS and Android. The roll-out is scheduled to conclude on Thursday, November 9, 2023 for both Google Play Store and App Store, but fans can find out everything new about the latest version via the official PUBG Mobile 2.9 patch notes.
- Also Read: How To Play PUBG Mobile On A PC
PUBG Mobile 2.9 version is introducing a brand new themed mode in the form of Frozen Kingdom, while there are plenty of other gameplay updates and optimizations scheduled for WOW, Metro Royale, Classic mode and more. Here are the PUBG Mobile 2.9 update revealing everything that’s new with the latest version update (November 2023):
PUBG Mobile 2.9 Patch Notes: New Themed Mode, Gameplay Updates, Optimizations, & More
- The new Frozen Kingdom themed mode is almost here! There’s a brand-new Snowy Village for you to explore. There are also exciting themed items for more fun in the snow! Look forward to the Easter egg gameplay update in December!
- WOW Updates: Added a new Hide and Seek gameplay and snowy-themed areas. Join your friends and immerse yourselves in a joyful, snowy atmosphere!
- Vehicle Updates: Major vehicle attribute and handling updates. Added a new custom garage for you to choose the vehicle you want!
- The 2023 PMGC and the highly anticipated Popularity Annual Gala are about to kick off!
New Theme: Frozen Kingdom
Available: 2023/11/7 at 2:00 (UTC+0)–2024/1/7 at 20:59 (UTC+0)
Supported Maps: Erangel, Livik and Vikendi
New Themed Area: Snowy Village
Set foot in the mysterious Snowy Village and experience a unique themed area. Here, you will find unique architectural styles, picturesque snowy landscapes, and hidden treasures scattered throughout. In this challenging and fun-filled land, you will discover endless surprises and treasures.
Ride the brand-new Snow Rail that runs through the Snowy Village and experience unprecedented high-speed travel. Use the dash skill while on the rail to accelerate. Jump into the air to switch to a different rail or explore hidden elevated spots. At the same time, cleverly use the rail to evade pursuing enemies during critical moments. However, only the Snowball Blaster can be used on the Snow Rail. Other firearms and items cannot be used.
New Weapon: Snowball Blaster
A new weapon that balances practicality and fun. Once equipped, it takes up the Pistol slot. The Snowball Blaster has the following features:
- Snowpile Cover: Shoot at the environment to create cover made of snow.
- Lively Snowpal Gameplay: Shoot at players to turn them into Lively Snowpals and limit their movements.
- Freeze Water: Fire at water surfaces to temporarily freeze it, after which it can be walked across.
Embrace the new firearm that will enhance your combat prowess. There’s a higher chance to obtain the new firearm and items in Snowy Village! Hurry to the Snowy Village and experience a new way of battling!
Search for Snow Toddlers
In the Snowy Village, there are some adorable Snow Toddlers that need your help. Complete the Search for Snow Toddlers mission to help the Lucky Snowman reunite with their missing companions, and receive great rewards in return. This is a fun-filled mission that will bring you joy and excitement.
- The Lucky Snowman is anxiously searching for Snow Toddlers in the Snowy Village. Meanwhile, four Snow Toddlers can be found within a certain range.
- Search for Snow Toddlers: After finding a Snow Toddler, players can get close to interact with it. The Snow Toddler will start following the player. When the player brings the Snow Toddler to the Lucky Snowman, they will stay by the Lucky Snowman’s side.
- Snowman’s Gift: When all the Snow Toddlers are brought to the Lucky Snowman, it will give a performance and leave behind a crate.
- Snowboard: Players can carry it with them. Unfold it to use it as a one-person vehicle. It can glide on any surface and use the cover created by Snowball Blasters as a ramp to increase jump height and distance.
- Reindeer: A wooden 2-seat vehicle well adapted to all kinds of terrain. It mainly spawns near themed buildings.
Snow Blast Zone
Watch out for the changes in the Red Zones! Players who get hit by snow bombs will turn into Lively Snowpals. Snowpile Cover appears where it strikes the ground. In this unique Red Zone, you must be even more quick-witted in battle.
Exclusive December Easter Egg
Available: 2023/12/12 at 2:00 (UTC+0)–2024/1/7 at 20:59 (UTC+0)
- Sleigh: A 2-seat vehicle that can hover and fly at low altitudes and is powered by magic. It spawns near the Snowy Village in December.
- Flying Reindeer: When the Reindeer and Sleigh are joined together, it becomes a Flying Reindeer. Magic propels it into the air to a height of about 5 meters and it transforms into a 4-seat vehicle. The driver and passengers can swap seats across the front and back. This vehicle can ascend as high as 10 meters in the air.
- Search for Surprise Stockings in houses and shoot the presents on Festive Trees to get fabulous supplies. You may even get an unexpected surprise.
- Also Read: Best PUBG Mobile Sensitivity Settings To Use
World of Wonder Gameplay Updates
WOW Feature Updates
- New Co-Create Space: Quickly access WOW-related information, including strategies, excellent creations, events, and more.
- Security Review Improvements: Improved the report page. Added the security review scope and violation penalty details.
- Status Display Improvements: Added friends’ status, creations, and more.
- Creation Feedback Improvements: Creators can share creation feedback, leave comments, set up comment settings, and more.
- New Gameplay Devices
- Character EXP Device: Add in-creation Character EXP and Levels.
- Grouped Object Action Device: Allows Creators to dynamically load and unload grouped objects.
- Special Effect Device: Add several types of special effects. Creators can set the conditions to trigger the special effects.
- Gameplay Device Improvements
- Buff Management Device: Allows Creators to customize buff effects. Added 5 new buffs (Battleground Savior, Field Doctor, Frenzy Feast, Freeze, and Grenade Guru).
- Timing Device: Added a timer UI display and more.
- Audio Device: Added new sound effects, voiceprints, and more.
- Skill Management Device: Added skills related to transformation gameplay (Transform, Rapid Smoke Grenade, Rapid Stun Grenade, Position Lock, Detection Zone).
- PvE Enemy Spawn Device: Added 3 PvE enemies (Mutant, Berserker, and Ripper).
- PvE Enemy Spawn Device: Now supports editing enemy vision.
- AI Spawn Device: Capture trigger player information after all AI bots are eliminated.
- Motorcycle Spawn Device: Added Snowmobile and Snowbike.
- Added a new knockback effect to the Super Color Bazooka. Shoot at your feet to perform a super jump or shoot opponents to send them flying.
- Game Parameter Settings
- Multi-Round Elimination Setting: Provides eliminations in multiple rounds of a single match.
- All Player Voice Chat and Text Chat
- Block Player Damage Feature
- Custom Buffs: Allows creators to customize buff attributes and effects.
- Added character level related settings.
- Multiple-Choice Decision Device Configurations: Provides editing options for multiple-choice content.
- If the performance test fails, a notice will show when saving.
- Auto Translate feature for in-match custom text.
- Editor Improvements
- Increased the max performance load limit for creations to 20,000.
- Group Editing: Form a team to edit creations together.
- Grouped Object Editor Improvements: Selection display, selection changes, group names.
- Screenshot Editor Improvement: Provides multi-angle shooting.
- Area Grid Placement: Improved object alignment.
- Object Operations Improvements: Adjusted and improved the selection effect for large building prefabs.
- Playtest Settings: Assign teams and fill with AI bots.
- Editor Page Improvements: Improved gameplay device interactions, linking detectable actions, and more.
- Decorative & Building Objects
- Added Frost Festival decorative objects (such as Festive Tree, snow wall, stone pillar, etc.).
- Added castle prefabs (such as castle spire, castle gate, castle wall, etc.).
- Added some PMGC-related elements and objects.
- Large Building Prefabs: Added bottom collisions to resolve the issue of getting shot from below.
New Map Template Introduction
- Hide and Seek Gameplay Template
Players are divided into Hiders and Seekers. Hiders must transform and disguise themselves as objects on the map to hide from Seekers. Meanwhile, Seekers must find all the Hiders! In this intense and exhilarating gameplay, which faction will emerge as the ultimate winner? Join now and let’s find out together!
- Snowy Village Map Template
The aurora, snow-capped mountains, and village form the unique scenery of this template. Players can utilize the two slopes of the snow-capped mountains to create gameplay such as high-speed downhill and obstacle snowboarding. The Snowy Village at the foot of the mountain is teeming with a festive atmosphere, making it the ideal place for creating casual-competitive gameplay.
- Battle Isle (Template by an Outstanding Creator)
Battle Isle offers a dynamic and diverse gaming experience, making it perfect for a fast-paced team deathmatch. Furthermore, the map design provides players with ample chances for ambush and encourages strategic combat. Whether you prefer close-quarters combat or strategic battles, Battle Isle can meet your creative needs.
- Zombie Station (Template by an Outstanding Creator)
Zombie Station is designed for 2 players. Your goal is to work together with your teammate to unlock various rooms and secret passages, and ultimately rescue the hostage captured by zombies. You may need to shoot at certain hidden locations or enter colored areas to open the doors. Some secret spots are hidden from view, so be sure not to miss any details! If you accidentally eliminate the hostage instead of saving them, the mission will fail. You have 60 minutes to complete the stage.
Beta Creation Gameplay Overview
- Hide and Seek Gameplay: Players are divided into Hiders and Seekers. Hiders must transform and disguise themselves as objects on the map to hide from Seekers. Meanwhile, Seekers must find all the Hiders.
- Sky Control: The new Super Color Bazooka can now fire knockback projectiles. Use it to send your enemies flying off the clouds!
- Gold Rush: The new Super Color Bazooka can now fire knockback projectiles. Use it to blast enemies away to grab as many Gold Coins as you can to win the match.
- Bazooka Parkour: The Super Color Bazooka can now fire knockback projectiles. Shoot at your feet to perform a super jump. Use this feature to enjoy a thrilling parkour battle with items. Get in the way of enemies by sending them flying for maximum fun!
- Snowboard Descent: From the top of Snowy Village, use the Snowboard to race to the bottom. The winner gets to dominate the snowfield.
- Flying Reindeer Circuit: The mid-version update lets you combine the Reindeer and Sleigh to form the Flying Reindeer vehicle. Race your rivals in the sky!
Firearm Updates & Improvements
Designated Marksman Rifle Full-Auto Mod Expansion
Some designated marksman rifles now support the Full-Auto Mod attachment. Once equipped, they’ll gain a full-auto firing mode. In the full-auto firing mode, the shooting intervals will be adjusted accordingly. Supported firearms include: SKS, SLR, QBU, Mini14, and Mk12.
- Adjusted the Dacia, Coupe RB, and Mirado’s default Health and total fuel.
- Improved the stability of four-wheeled vehicles and reduced the chance of sliding. Enhanced the landing process after being airborne for a prolonged time.
- Improved the vehicle performance to reduce the probability of experiencing jerky movements while driving and parking.
Custom Garages will permanently spawn on all maps. Players can choose to spawn a specific vehicle in the garage. The garages can be found at fixed locations on the map. Each garage can only spawn one vehicle. Garages on each map have their own list of vehicles that can be spawned.
Metro Royale Updates
Available: 2023/11/10 at 1:00 (UTC+0)–2024/1/7 at 22:00 (UTC+0)
- During Chapter 17, Metro Royale becomes accessible from the Lobby on November 10, 2023 at 1:00 (UTC+0), and matchmaking becomes available on November 10, 2023 at 2:00 (UTC+0).
- New Chapter 17 collectibles.
- New Misty Port Easter Egg: Snowman, falling crate mechanics, and Lucky Ice.
- Added backpack preset loadouts and configurable consumables to Metro Royale.
- New Crossbow Attachment: Tactical Gunpowder Tool.
- Area Detection Mechanic Added: If players get stuck outside the playable area, they will continuously take damage.
- Improved Auto Pick Up Priority: Ordinary items will not be automatically picked up when Cobra and Steel Front items are equipped.
Classic Mode Updates & Improvements
- Default Melee Weapon Selection: The melee weapon carried by default can be chosen in the settings. Players can choose between a machete and a dagger.
- Custom SFX Adjustments: Players can adjust the volume of some in-game SFX to a certain extent for better focus.
- Quick Camera: When performing Victory Dance after winning a match, players can tap the button to go into a dynamic view to better experience the performance.
- Quick Fireworks View: After lighting fireworks, players can enter Creation Mode and automatically switch to a good viewing angle with one tap.
- Winter Performance: Added a new Frozen Kingdom themed performance that can be viewed in Creation Mode.
Animation & Camera Improvements
- Bolt-Action Animation Improvements: Improved the 3rd person view of the bolt-action animations to provide smoother and more coordinated gun handling. Applies to the following firearms: Kar98K, M24, AWM, Mosin-Nagant, Win94, S1897, and DBS.
- Reload Animation Improvements: Improved the animation transition between loading the ammo and the bolt-action animation for the following firearms: Kar98K and Win94. Improved the reload animation when lying prone for the following firearms: Kar98K and Mosin-Nagant.
New 90 FPS Supported Devices
Added 90 fps mode for the following devices: Huawei Mate 60 Pro and Huawei Mate 60.
- Other Improvements
- Customize Settings: The location of the Jump button can be adjusted in the button customization settings.
- Highlights: Added a “Report” button on the Highlights page for you to report issues at any time.
- Emote Backpack Expansion: Players can equip more Emotes to bring into matches.
- Overall Improvements: Sped up the camera to reach the Team Ready animation faster. Improved the UI layout. Tags will display more neatly with the character.
New Season: Cycle 5 Season 15
Available: 2023/11/14 at 2:00 (UTC+0)–2024/01/13 at 23:59 (UTC+0)
New Legendary Items: C5S15 Glasses, C5S15 Set, C5S15 Parachute, C5S15 Mask, C5S15 Cover, C5S15 – SKS.
Popularity Annual Gala
Welcome to the 2023 Popularity Annual Gala!
Registration Period: 2023/11/10–2023/11/14 (UTC+0)
Battle Period: 2023/11/15–2023/12/15 (UTC+0)
This is an all-new upgraded Popularity Battle event.
During the event, the most outstanding players are awarded dazzling rewards that showcase their supreme honor both in and outside the game.
In-game rewards include the Honor Title, Honor Name Tag, and Honor Avatar Frame to make you stand out in the game.
Outside of the game, we have prepared exclusive exposure resources and physical rewards for you, such as interviews, home page popup banner, exclusive custom Popularity gifts, social media promotions, physical trophies, and exclusive merchandise. This will make your fame resound both in and outside the game.
- Basic Event Rules:
- Reduced Participation Requirements: Reach Player Lv. 2 or above, and Popularity Lv. 3 or above.
- If players miss the registration period, they can still sign up during the battle period. After registering, they will be placed in the next round’s matchmaking pool.
- Matchmaking: There are 10 rounds in total. Get matched with an evenly-matched opponent every 3 days.
- Battle: Both players will compete to see who can gain the most Popularity during this phase. The player with higher Popularity wins.
- The winner can loot 50% of their opponent’s points.
- Battle Points = Basic Points + Looted Points. Basic Points increase with the amount of Popularity gained. The more Popularity lost by the loser, the greater the number of points the winner can loot.
- Participate in the battle to win points and upgrade your Battle Level. The higher the Battle Level, the rarer the rewards obtained.
- Ladder Promotion Rules:
- Assignment Round: Players’ initial ladder grade will be determined by their Popularity at the end of the first round.
- Ladders are divided into 6 grades: SSS/SS/S/A/B/C, with SSS being the highest.
- Ladder Promotion: Each ladder has 100 spots, with the top 20 promoted, the middle 60 retained, and the bottom 20 demoted. Please make sure that your rank is above the retention cutoff when the ladder results are being finalized.
- Ladder Rank: Based on the Popularity a player gains during the battle period.
- Final Showdown: Round 10 will be the decisive showdown to determine the final ladder grade and rank.
- Ladder grades can only be promoted or demoted by one grade at a time, so it’s crucial to secure a high ladder grade during the assignment round!
- At the end of the event, rewards will be issued based on the player’s Final Showdown rank and ladder grade. Check the event page for the reward details.
Team Popularity Battle Event
Registration Period: 2023/12/15–2023/12/19 (UTC+0)
Battle Period: 2023/12/20–2024/1/7 (UTC+0)
- Matchmaking: There will be a total of 8 rounds. Teams of similar strength will be matched every 2 days. Players within each team will be ranked by Popularity through 1v1 Popularity Battles.
- Battle: Both sides will compete to see who can gain the most Popularity during this phase.
- The total score will be determined by the win-loss record of each player on the team. In the event of a tie (2:2), the total Popularity of both teams will be compared.
- The team with the higher total score will be declared the winner, and can loot Battle Points from the defeated team.
- If all players within a team have the same score, they can jointly claim the level rewards and ranking rewards.
- Teams that have registered can have their team leader create an exclusive Nickname Badge for the team, which serves as a symbol of the close bond between team members and gift recipients.
- Nickname Badges support custom text and are unique.
- Players can obtain a Nickname Badge by registering a team or by completing gift missions.
All-Talent Championship S15
Available: 2023/11/13 at 00:00 (UTC+0)–2023/12/28 at 00:00 (UTC+0)
- New Event Shop Rewards: Battleground Gladiator Set (Epic), Vivid Voyager Cover (Legendary), Vivid Voyager Set (Legendary), The Skulls – UMP45 (Epic)
- New All-Talent Championship S16 Crate Rewards: Battleground Gladiator Set (Epic), Vivid Voyager Cover (Legendary), Vivid Voyager Set (Legendary), The Skulls – UMP45 (Epic), Skeleton Hand Parachute (Epic), Rock Star – Mini14 (Epic)
- New First and Second Runner-Up Rewards: Woman in Gold Set (Legendary), Woman in Gold Cover (Legendary), Scorching – Kar98K (Legendary), Tidal Surge – M416 (Epic), Lovely Baker Set (Epic)
- Also Read: PUBG Mobile Global Championship (PMGC) Winners, Standings & Runners List From Start To Till Now
Available: 2023/11/7 at 2:00 (UTC+0)–2023/12/17 at 00:00 (UTC+0)
- The PMGC 2023 Stage will appear in Erangel and Spawn Island for a spectacular performance before the match begins.
- PMGC 2023 Flags will appear in many areas of Erangel.
- The in-match Shops on all maps will become PMGC 2023 themed.
- The Victory statue when winning a match will be PMGC 2023 themed.
- A new dynamic matchmaking option has been added to Match by Language. When enabled, it will first match you with teammates who speak the same language for the first 60 seconds. Subsequently, it will broaden the range to match you with teammates of all languages.
- New hidden UI mode. When enabled, players can hide the Lobby UI to only show players and their teammates (including their items and Emotes). Players can quickly change their appearances and use Emotes.
- Improved the Add Friend page by adding a new tag for non-friend players with mutual friends.
- Clan players that have been inactive for a long time will receive invitations from active Clans.
- Added a new title display page. It allows players to customize titles for display. Added a sharing feature to the title page.
Security & Game Environment Improvements
- Upgraded Security Strategy: Improved cheat detection for auto aim, recoil reduction, grass removal, modified client files, and more.
- Enhanced Control Over Prohibited Transactions: Improved the in-game detection and countermeasures against prohibited transactions, account boosting, and other violations to better regulate in-game behavior and improve players’ gaming experience.
- Upgraded Safety Observation: Increased the efficiency of intercepting suspicious players to give other players a better feeling of security.
- Upgraded Account Security System: Added login protection and unusual login reminders for some regions to ensure account security.
- Upgraded Account Claim System: Improved disputing results, intercepting account hacks, status verification, and other features to ensure account security.
- Upgraded Penalty Search System: It now supports more security penalty query and claim features.
To install (or update) PUBG Mobile 2.9, fans can head to Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Android users can also access the official APK link via the PUBG Mobile website to install the 2.9 version.