Plarium Games’ free-to-play RPG gacha game Raid Shadow Legends has continued to maintain its success across the platforms, with hundreds of thousands of active users every day. However, like any other title, Raid Shadow Legends also has its share of errors that players often face while playing on mobile or PC. One such error that users might have encountered while launching the game on PC via Plarium Play Launcher.
According to Plarium Play’s official support page, the Launch Error might be caused by a space in the username folder (or the installation path), i.e., special symbols or Cyrillic letters. Therefore, players might need to make the changes to the said folder and follow the instructions suggested by the official support team.
How to fix the persistent Launch Error for Raid Shadow Legends
The Launch Error is persistent and doesn’t go away even after multiple game restarts and Plarium Play Launcher. As stated, the error might be related to the naming of the username folder (or any issue with the installation path), which according to the official support team, can be resolved by uninstalling the Launcher app (and Raid Shadow Legends) on the PC.
Here are steps that players must follow to uninstall the Plarium Play Launcher from their PC:
- Open the file location for Plarium Play Launcher (by right-clicking on the icon on the desktop) on your PC/laptop.
- Locate the “uninstall.exe” file and run it to uninstall the Launcher entirely.
- Players must repeat the same process with Raid Shadow Legends, i.e., go to the file location and run the “uninstall.exe” to entirely uninstall the game.
- Once uninstalled, players must reinstall Raid Shadow Legends and Plarium Play Launcher again. However, choose a different folder, ensuring it doesn’t contain spaces (special symbols or Cyrillic letters) in the username or installation path.
However, if this doesn’t resolve any issue, readers can try an alternative method, i.e., using a different drive (changing the default download directory). Readers can follow the steps given below to make the changes:
- Open the file location for Plarium Play Launcher on your PC.
- Ensure to uninstall the Plarium Play Launcher.
- Open Raid Shadow Legends’ file location and uninstall it using the “uninstall.exe” file.
One must ensure that the folders of both uninstalled are also deleted from the PC.
- Restart your PC or laptop after uninstallation of the programs.
- Use the official website of Plarium Play Launcher to install it, but choose a different drive to save the folder.
- Repeat the same with Raid Shadow Legends. Ensure no folders have spaces (special symbols or Cyrillic letters).
If the issues are resolved, players can continue to enjoy RSL. However, if the Launch Error persists, players should inspect their network connectivity, restart the game (and PC), and check the server status.