Two Indians book their slot for the finals of Pokemon UNITE Asia Champions League 2023
The final two teams from the India league have booked their place in the Pokemon UNITE Asia Champions League 2023 Finals. Revenant Esports and Marcos Gaming are heading towards Kuala Lumpur to compete for the title of best Pokemon Unite team in Asia. On the India League’s final day, fans witnessed the Semifinal and Final fixtures yesterday. Revenant Esports outplayed S8UL in the Semifinal and secured a flawless victory with a 2-0 in the best-of-3 series. Marcos Gaming began with the lead in the Grand Final, but Revenant regained their momentum soon after. They claimed the game with back-to-back wins and secured a best-of-3 score of 2-1 in the Grand Final.
A look at the Final Day games
A total of 2 matches were played on the Final day of the India League. The top 2 teams made it to the Finals of Asia Champions League 2023.
Semifinal: S8UL vs Revenant Esports
- Game 1: S8UL picked a Pokemon Lineup of Glaceon, Comfey, Mew, Slowbro and Buzzwole. Revenant picked Hoopa, Snorlax, Sylveon, Tyranitar and Gardevoir. They were ruthless as they made it a 143-801 win in the 1st game of the best of 3 series. Badshaah became the MVP with his great gameplay with 11 kills.
- Game 2: The Pokemon Lineup of S8UL remained Mew, Tyranitar, Comfey, Slowbro and Dodrio. Revenant picked Hoppa, Snorlax, Glaceon, Gardevoir and Machamp. Revenant picked up another win after they made it 71-459. BlizzarD was exceptionally well and became the match MVP.
Revenant Esports made it to the Grand Final of Pokémon UNITE Asia Champions League 2023 – India with this win, where they were up against Marcos Gaming.
Grand Final: Marcos Gaming vs Revenant Esports
- Game 1: Revenant Esports began the Grand Final with the first game Pokemon lineup of Mew, Delphox, Slowbro, Tyranitar and Comfey. To counter this, Marcos Gaming picked Hoopa, Snorlax, Machamp, Dodrio and Sylveon. It gave a great team fight on the offlane. Marcos Gaming won the game by 184-740 scores as they accumulated the most points. Meruem became the match MVP with 11 kills.
- Game 2: Following the defeat, Revenant Esports went ahead with the Pokemon Lineup of Clefable, Glaceon, Mew, Snorlax and Talonflame. Marcos picked Delphox, Slowbro, Blissey, Dodrio and Sylveon. Revenant Esports picked up the momentum, making it a 586 – 292 win. BlizzarD accumulated a total of 8 kills and led his team to a win.
- Game 3: The final showdown was up. Revenant Esports picked the Pokemon lineup of Delphox, Clefable, Buzzwole, Glaceon and Mamoswine. Marcos Gaming Urshifu, Comfey, Snorlax, Gardevoir and Machamp. A great battle was seen in the mid, and Revenant Esports started a safe play. Later they won the game by 396-209 scores with Crowley leading from the front.
With this victory, Revenant secured a win by 2-1 in the Grand Final and finished 1st. They headed for the Asia Champions League Finals, which is set to take place on the 18th and 19th of March. Till then, the remaining regions, South Asia and East Asia need to conclude their matches. Check our previous articles on Pokemon UNITE Asia Champions League 2023.