Like any other online gaming platform, Roblox is not free from bugs and error issues. One such error that the players often complain about is the Roblox Error Code 279. This article will take you through the most common reasons and potential fixes for Roblox Error Code 279. Try the fixes and enjoy gaming.
- Also Read: Roblox Error 264: Reasons And How To Fix
Roblox Error Code 279 doesn’t allow the players to connect to the game servers. So, if this error pops up, you will not be able to launch any game on the Roblox platform. But there is nothing to worry about. There are a few methods that could fix this error code. Read this guide through and find out the solutions.
Why Do You Get Roblox Error Code 279?
Roblox Error Code 279 is related to connection interference. Whenever you try to log into your Roblox account a grey dialogue box appears saying, “Failed to connect to the game”. There are multiple reasons why you get this error. These include:
- Slow or unstable internet connection.
- Antivirus/Firewall interference.
- Roblox server issues.
- Corrupted game files.
How To Fix Roblox Error Code 279?
Whatever the reason, it is important to resolve the error once you encounter it. Following are the six potential solutions to fix Roblox Error Code 279.
Check Your Internet Connection:
As mentioned above, Roblox Error Code 279 mainly appears because of connectivity issues. A slow or unstable internet connection might be a possible reason why you get this error. The best bet is to run a speed test and see whether you have a stable connection. If not restart your modem to restore better connectivity.
- Also Read: Roblox Error Code 403: How To Fix
Check Roblox Server Status:
If Roblox servers are under maintenance or experience any downtime Roblox Error Code 279 might pop up. It is always advised to visit the Roblox Server Status page and check if there are any issues. If yes, you will just have to wait till the servers are online.
Clear Roblox Cache:
Error Code 279 can pop up because of a corrupted Roblox cache. In that case, you will have to just delete the cache and check if the error persists.
- Press the Windows button + R.
- A Run dialog box opens.
- You will have to type ‘%localappdata% in the text box’.
- In the Local Folder search for Roblox.
- Press Ctrl+A and select everything in the folder.
- Delete all the files permanently by pressing Shift+Del+Enter.
- Load Roblox again and see if the error still appears.
Disable Windows Defender Firewall (Temporarily):
Often your firewall settings won’t allow you to connect with the game’s server. You can simply turn off the Windows Defender Firewall by following the simple instructions below:
- On the Search Menu type Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the ‘Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off’ option.
- Now select ‘Turn off Windows Defender Firewall for both Private and Public Network Settings.
- Now launch Roblox again to check if the error persists.
Disable Browser Extensions:
Often third-party add-ons or extensions stop you from playing online games. Just disabling them can fix the error at times. To do so,
- Go to Google Settings.
- Click on Extensions and disable them if any.
- Launch Roblox again and see if the error still persists.
Contact Roblox Support:
If nothing works, contact Roblox Customer Support for further assistance.
Errors are always annoying and so is Roblox Error Code 279. Hope the above methods work and you enjoy playing on Roblox again.