Steam Error e502 l3 can occur at any time when users try to access the application on their computer. Similar to other gaming platforms like EPIC Games Store, Steam also experiences several server-related issues that result in a disconnection between the host and the client.
Given that Steam is the host to millions of users online, some may encounter Error e502 l3 due to heavy network traffic. The frustrating issue prevents them from accessing the Steam Store to install games, and the Steam Workshop to facilitate game modeling and other online features.
Reasons For Steam Error e502 l3
Steam Error e502 l3 is an error code that arises due to network-related issues or server disconnections. Players are unable to open the application and are instead shown an error message that reads: “Something Went Wrong. We are unable to service your request. Please try again later.”
The most common occurrence of Error e502 l3 is during seasonal sales or holiday events. The traffic is at an all-time high such that the servers become unstable, leading to numerous players being unable to access the Steam application. This is the reason why the first solution to fixing the error is checking the server status of the Steam platform.
How To Fix Steam Error e502 l3?
Here are some solutions to solving Steam Error e502 l3:
Check Steam Server Status
As aforementioned, Steam servers may crash or become unstable due to traffic or other problems in the network. Below are three ways to check the server status for the PC application.
- SteamStat gives per-minute information on the server status for the Steam gaming platform. It mentions the amount of users accessing Steam services, the users currently playing on the platform, and other database-related information.
- Downdetector is a trustworthy third-party website that depicts Steam server-related issues that were reported in the last 24 hours.
- The X account of Steam Status (Unofficial) updates players about maintenance fixes, the latest bug-related issues, and subsequent developments.
Restart/Reinstall The Steam Application
Steam Error e502 l3 can be caused due to a buggy client rather than the host server. A simple solution to this problem is to restart the application and hope that the bug is resolved. Shut down the application via the Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Delete) and then re-open Steam by double-clicking the icon.
Alternatively, you can reinstall the Steam app.
- Navigate to Settings on your PC. Then choose Apps –> Installed Apps, following which you can search for Steam in the blank bar above.
- On the Windows 11 PC, you will find three dots beside Steam. This has the option to ‘Uninstall.’
- Download the Steam application again via the official website.
Check For Slow or Faulty Internet Connection
Steam requires a strong internet connection. A faulty Wi-Fi or slow network in a dongle might be causing Error e502 l3. Use SpeedTest, SpeedCheck, or Opensignal to check the strength of the connection before trying to log into your Steam account. Alternatively, you can restart/refresh your Wi-Fi:
- Unplug the Wi-Fi router and the power cable attached to it. Make sure that the latter is not dusty.
- After a 30-second break, plug the power cable and then plug the router into the power source.
- Connect the Wi-Fi to your PC. You can do this via Settings –> Network and Internet –> Wi-Fi –> Show Available Networks, and then connect the Wi-Fi device to the PC with the ID and Password.
Scan For Malware In The Steam Database
Running an anti-virus check on your PC or Apps that includes Steam could help solve the problem. Often, Steam files get corrupted due to overlapping data or other factor. Follow these simple steps:
- Open Windows Security on your PC via the Search bar at the bottom left.
- Left-click ‘Virus & Threat Protection’ and then choose the ‘Scan options’ tab.
- Run an Offline scan after confirming it with ‘Scan Now.’ It will take up to 15 minutes for the scan.
Anti-virus users need to update the software to the latest version as it will instantly detect any issue in the Steam files. They can then use the software, such as Kaspersky or McAfee, to run a scan and eliminate the virus based on the method of their choice.
You can always contact Steam Support to register your queries. That’s all the fixes for Steam Error e502 l3. Follow GosuGamers India if you want more guides on bug fixes such as Error e502 or Error 16.