MMA fans can finally rejoice as UFC 5 is about to make a smashing debut next month. The competitive fighting game will be available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S three years after the success of its predecessor, UFC 4, on Xbox One and PS4. As per EA Sports, the fifth edition promises to be a graphical spectacle with multiple new game modes.
EA Sports UFC 5 is scheduled to be released on October 27, 2023. The date was first revealed via a post on the messaging platform X along with the cover athletes. Current UFC Middleweight Champion Israel Adesanya is on the cover for the Deluxe Edition of the game for the second consecutive time while Valentina Shevchenko and Alexander Volkanovski are on the standard edition cover.
Boasting a roster of renowned names like Charles Oliveira, Islam Makhachev, Leon Edwards, Alexa Grasso, Jon Jones, Conor McGregor, and modern-day great Khabib Nurmagamedov, UFC 5 will also feature four legendary fighters, namely Mike Tyson, Fedor Emelianenko, Muhammad Ali, and Bruce Lee. Emelianenko was never in the Ultimate Fighting Championship but his boxing prowess got him included in the game.
UFC 5 Editions and How to Get Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali, and More
Those who want to recruit legendary fighters for the octagon will need to pre-order UFC 5 on either PlayStation or Xbox. Muhammad Ali is available on pre-order for any edition of the game. Meanwhile, gamers can get heavyweight boxers Mike Tyson and Fedor Emelianenko if they pre-order the UFC 5 Deluxe Edition. Meanwhile, Bruce Lee is also available in a separate pre-order bundle.
Pre-ordering the Standard Edition on PlayStation 5 or Xbox costs $70. It gives players two alter Egos of Volk and Shevchenko, Muhammad Ali, 30th Anniversary Bundle, and 5 Online Career Mode XP boosts. The Deluxe Edition of the game costs $100 and gives 3 days early access, Mike Tyson, Fedor Emelianenko, Muhammad Ali, 3 Bruce Lee Alter Egos, Origins Bundle, and 30th Anniversary Bundle.
The Bruce Lee Pre-Order Bundle will be made available on Xbox sometime in the future. Currently, it can only be obtained via the Deluxe Edition.
UFC 5 Features
UFC 5 will include a variety of new features to give gamers a more realistic octagon experience. Referees will interrupt when the fight gets more brutal, while cuts and bruises will accumulate DOT on the body.
- Authentic Damage: Gash, bruises, and swelling will affect a player’s gameplay and the damage he can inflict on the opponent. Over 64,000 combinations of facial damage are possible.
- Time Stoppages and Doctor’s Check: If a player sustains a grievous injury such as a broken nose or badly swollen eye, the referee will step up, pause the action, and tell the ringside physician to check.
- New Strikes and Reactions: From spinning kicks to knees to the face and elbows to the head, a new arsenal of strikes will be available in UFC 5. Each action has a reaction and every new strike will have a unique reaction from the opponent.
- New Submission and Grapple gameplay: Gone are the mini-games to apply for a Grapple. The holds occur seamlessly once an opponent’s guard is down.
- Authentic Finishes and Cinematic K.O. Replay: A doctor can now call off a match after a player takes too much pummeling. Moreover, the detailing in the finishes has been refined for a more cinematic knock-out replay.
UFC 5 will use Frostbite Engine for unrivaled graphics on consoles for the first time ever. Considering the gameplay, there will be a competitive online mode that is divided into four major championships. Player customization will be insanely vast with alter-egos, gears, created fighter Vanity Items, etc.